Middle Fork & Main Salmon Rivers ~ Idaho
Unplug and Reconnect in the largest roadless Wilderness Area in the US. There are no stangers here, only friends we have not met.
- 4, 6 or 10 day Whitewater Rafting and Fly Fishing Adventures
- Raft (class II/III rapids) on gin-clear water thru canyons deeper than Grand Canyon and soak in river-side hotsprings along the way
- More River Craft Options than any other outfitter- Fly Fishing Drift Boats, Wooden Dories, Oar-Powered Rafts, Inflatable Kayaks, Paddle Boats & Stand Up Paddle boards available on most trips for no extra charge
- Idaho Licensed Professional Guides are First Aid and Swiftwater Rescue Certified
- We Supply Everything (tents, sleeping bag, 2 pads, pillow, dry bags, wetsuits and splash gear). You just bring your personal items
- Gourmet river cuisine with home-made ingredients (Sample Menu)
- Blue Ribbon Cutthroat Trout Fishing with Drift Boats on the Middle Fork
- Lodge to Lodge Dory Trips on the Main Salmon available
- Get both itineraries on the side bar to the right
Middle Fork River Expeditions, a licensed and bonded outfitter in the state of Idaho, has run safe and well-managed river trips on the Middle Fork and Main Salmon Rivers for over 30 years. Over 80% of our guests are past guests or referrals from past guests.
Wilderness Whitewater Rafting in Idaho on the Middle Fork and Main Salmon Rivers
SEE - crystal-clear, free-flowing rivers, abundant wildlife, and a starlit sky.
HEAR - cascading whitewater, crackling campfires, the stillness of solitude.
SMELL - fresh mountain air, fragrant sage and pine, the aroma of dutch oven cooking.
TASTE - fresh, plentiful, mouthwatering food prepared for your pleasure.
FEEL - the beauty of the largest Wilderness Area in the US, Massaged by a river-side hot springs shower and refreshed as the river lulls you to sleep.
DREAM - and follow your senses to this magical place of fiery dawns, a wild gin-clear shining river, and a mystical canyon. Slip away and join us for excitement and serenity and a memorable whitewater journey on Idaho's famous Salmon River Canyons.
Ready to Sign Up? Just fill out the Reservation Form and Waiver below and send to us with a $500 deposit/person to secure your spot on a trip. Check with us first to be sure we have the space.
MFRE is permitted to operate under Special Use Permit on the Salmon Challis National Forest, Member of Idaho Outfitters and Guides Association, Idaho Outfitters & Guides Licensing Board, America Outdoors and the Middle Fork Outfitters Association.
Forms & Itineraries (PDF)
Contact Us Today!
Photo & Video Galleries