Middle Fork of the Salmon River & the River of No Return
Unplug and reconnect in the largest roadless wilderness complex in the US.
Middle Fork River Expeditions, a licensed and bonded outfitter in the state of Idaho, has run safe and well-managed river trips on the Middle Fork of the Salmon and the River of No Return since 1953. Over 70% of our guests are past guests or referrals from past guests. Come join us in 2015, our trips are filling up.
- 6 & 12 day world-class whitewater rafting and fly fishing adventures
- Class II/III+ rapids on gin-clear water thru canyons deeper than Grand Canyon
- Soak in river-side hot springs along both rivers
- More river craft options than any other outfitter- fly fishing drift boats, handmade wooden dories, oar-powered rafts, inflatable kayaks, paddle rafts & stand-up paddle boards available on most trips for no extra charge
- Idaho licensed professional river guides are first aid and swiftwater rescue V certified
- We supply everything (roomy tents, large sleeping bags, 2″ sleeping pad, pillow, dry bags, wetsuits and rain gear). You just bring your personal items
- Gourmet river cuisine with home-made ingredients
* View both detailed itineraries on the side bar to the right
Ready to Sign Up?
Just fill out the Reservation Form and Waiver below and send to us with a $500 deposit/person to secure your spot on a trip. Check with us first to be sure we have the space.
MFRE is permitted to operate under Special Use Permit on the Salmon Challis National Forest, is member of the Idaho Outfitters and Guides Association, Idaho Outfitters & Guides Licensing Board, America Outdoors and founding member of the Middle Fork Outfitters Association and the Salmon River Outfitters Association.